I. TradeAccountant™ Account Setup
- Download and install TAPro: Click Here
- Use this temporary key: tempkey
- Select the Accounts Screen.
- Select the Add button to display the Add Account Information dialog.
- Name The Account: Enter any name
- Financial Institution: Fidelity
- Account Number: XXXXXXXXX
- Enable Sync Download: Select the Check Box to enable field 5 & 6
- Account Username: User ID (see notes below)
Could be your web password (See the note below)
- Tax ID: not required (This is optional.)
- Mark-to-Market: No (This is default, for details see Edit/Mark to Market.)
- Taxable: Yes (This is default and used by the Account filter.)
- Currency: USD (This is default and determines the currency of all views. Trades have their
own transaction currency. For example you can enter a trade with a currency in Euro and then provide
an FX (Foreign Exchange) ratio for EURO to USD and TA will display the Amount in USD. The Currency is set
for all accounts in TA when you create the first account and is locked after that. You can save your
current set of accounts using File/Save As, then create a new set of accounts using File/New and then
change the currency when creating the first account. If you need more flexibility then contact our
team using the support site. We can negotiate a custom solution to better meet your needs.)
II. Sync your account to import data
Account setup is complete. Select the Sync button that appears on the Accounts page.
If you encounter an error read the message and correct what is needed. Because sync might be
limited to the last few months of data, you may need to use the import feature to add
older transactions that are not available using sync.
To confirm your UserID and Account number see your brokerage website or call them and
ask for the username and password to use when downloading to financial software like Money.
In TA, Password information is masked and retained in your local copy of TAPro and only sent
to the brokerage's OFX server to authenticate requests for data download. The pages below
also have useful information. Find them on your brokerage site.
Training Videos (with voice): Click Here