I. TradeAccountant™ Account Setup
- Download and install TAPro: Click Here
- Use this temporary key: tempkey
- Select the Accounts Screen.
- Select the Add button to display the Add Account Information dialog.
- Fill in the Dialog (If you don't plan to use Sync then skip steps 3 - 6):
- Name The Account: Enter any name
- Financial Institution: choicetrade
- Account Number: 07-12345678
Use the number format indicated in the step above. Remember to keep the 07- appended
to your 8 digit account number, it is required.
- Enable Sync Download: Select the check box
- Account Username: Account Number (same as above)
Your SSN (no dash or spaces)
(Note: The password is masked and retained in your local copy of TAPro
and only sent to the Financial Institution's OFX server to authenticate requests
for data download. If this is your first time using sync with this firm
may require some setup time after your first attempt before it
is active. Try again 15 10mins. later and see the steps below to
confirm your password and you may need to visit the site once to awaken the server.
- Tax ID: not required (This is optional.)
- Mark-to-Market: No (This is default, for details see Edit/Mark to Market.)
- Taxable: Yes (This is default and used by the Account filter.)
- Currency: USD (This is default and determines the currency of all views. Trades have their
own transaction currency. For example you can enter a trade with a currency in Euro and then provide
an FX (Foreign Exchange) ratio for EURO to USD and TA will display the Amount in USD. The Currency is set
for all accounts in TA when you create the first account and is locked after that. You can save your
current set of accounts using File/Save As, then create a new set of accounts using File/New and then
change the currency when creating the first account. If you need more flexibility then contact our
team using the support site. We can negotiate a custom solution to better meet your needs.)
II. Find Your User ID, Account Number & Password
There are two types of account IDs; AUTOGEN ID and Manual ID.
Each uses a different login method. Follow these steps to confirm
your User ID and Account Number.
- Log-in to your account.
- Select Accounting
- Respond to any security questions that appear. The process lands on the Penson site.
III. Find Your User ID & Account Number
- Select: Account Information/Customer Info.
- Review Customer Info
- Your Account Number begins with 07
- Your User ID is near the bottom of the page
IV. Confirm Your Password
Your Password depends on the type of account you have:
- If User ID = AUTOGEN
then Password = Tax ID (a Social Security Number).
- If User ID = a name
then you have a custom password.
If you created and forgot your Penson password then create a new one. The password used
to download your trades may be different than your brokerage web password.
- To create a new Password or User ID:
- Select Tools/Change Password
- or select Change User ID
Training Videos (with voice): Click Here
Copyright 2011, Sync Essentials Inc.